the "before I leave aus" haul


SPORTSGIRL ANKLE SOCKS || AUSTRALIS OH HAI BROW! KIT || COLLETE SILVER EARRINGS || MODELS PREFER RETRACTABLE BROW PENCILS, DARK + MEDIUM || SPORTSGIRL GELLY POLISH, DANCING QUEEN || FACE OF AUSTRALIA LIP DEFINER, SWEET PLUM || SAVVY NOURISHING LIP LINER, NATURAL

The timing of this haul is on many levels ironic. I don't shop in stores much, mainly because of exorbitant Australian pricing, I'm stupidly indecisive in a store and have had a general lack of interest in Australian makeup brands.  But right before I left I had a hankering to try some things and so I guess you can say, impending absence makes the heart pretty darn curious..

Like most of us, I've caught the latest wave of big brow fever, but growing up  I also had my mother telling me about Ali McGraw and Brooke Shields' gorgeous eyebrows so I've never been one to over pluck, thank God. But lately I'm starting to realise that I'm feeling rather uncomfortable leaving the house without dem brows done, (damn my brow bald spot, why won't you grow hair there?), so a few stops at Priceline were made. I picked up the Model's Prefer Retractable Brow Pencils in Dark and Medium in hopes for a more natural quick fix and one to bold it up if I fancied. While the colours are on the right side of ashy, one errs too light the other too dark so a mix is needed and the tip is just a little too wide for my liking. A like but not a love. The Australis Oh Hai Brow Kit has gotten some pretty good feedback and as a 5 pan product with a few tools thrown in, it's quite bargainous. I'm still experimenting with it but so far, it's not bad! Again the colours are ashy which I'm proud that Aussie high street brands are getting right.

I'm having a bit of a lip pencil moment of which I blame both the Kylie Jenner craze and the sheer ease of being able to scribble and be done, oh and the affordability factor. I picked up Savvy's Nourishing Lip Liner in Natural and Face of Australia's Lip Definer in Sweet Plum - a nude and a earthy plum colour, both which looked rather nice when tried in store (get the salesperson to sharpen and clean them for you of course!). Fingers crossed they still do when I actually get to wearing them out..

My love for 70's muted colours made me pick up these mustard and burgundy socks at Sportsgirl, but a sneaky look in the bargain section and I found this gorgeous cobalt blue gel nail polish in 'Dancing Queen' for $3.50 :D And my last stop was for nickel free earrings, which turned out to be the biggest fail of them all. Colette delivers in the formula but the selection is well, not to my taste. So in the midst of all that bling I found what I thought to be small and subtle earrings. No, no I did not. Small in the store, but not in real life.. damn. So there we have it, a last shopping hoorah in Australia and hopefully for some time ;)

No comments